Hauling Materials Made Easy Thanks to the Best Live Bottom Trailers in Texas
As an asphalt contractor, you’ll be hauling more loads of asphalt and materials than expected. Ensuring everything gets from your facility to a job site requires high-quality trailers and equipment. That’s where E.D. Etnyre & Co. can assist! Etnyre produces exceptional trailers for hauling both machinery and raw goods/materials. And rather than relying on what’s considered “standard” for the asphalt industry, we improve material transportation with the best live bottom trailers in Texas.
The Advantages of Live Bottoms
Typically, most contractors utilize dump trucks as their primary mode for hauling raw materials. However, live bottom trailers offer advantages that dump trucks can’t match. In fact, live bottoms resolve some of the issues most common with dump trucks! Thanks to an investment in live bottom trailers, you can expect:
- Hauling for All Types of Goods – While asphalt contractors will primarily use live bottoms to transport gravel, dirt, asphalt aggregate, and other such materials, live bottom trailers allow for more delicate goods transportation. Additionally, you can count on your goods to stay safe and secure during transit.
- An Easier Ride – Dump trucks aren’t the easiest vehicles to drive or operate, especially when full! Unfortunately, dump trucks’ higher center of gravity makes turning or higher speeds challenging to maintain. Conversely, live bottom trailers have low centers of gravity, offering a smoother ride.
- No Risk of Rollover – Unfortunately, the dump truck’s high center of gravity makes for additional concerns, such as trailer rollover. Also, a dump truck’s open-box bed sits higher than a trailer, increasing the risk of catching under low overpasses. Live bottom trailers have no such issues, as their open beds are set lower with weight more evenly distributed.
- Empties Clean – The conveyor belt system of a live bottom trailer helps push every last piece of material out of your trailer’s bin. Not only does this guarantee all your goods are unloaded quickly and efficiently, but your live bottom trailers can be loaded again with minimal cleaning between loads.
- Greater Control – When you start unloading with a dump truck, you have no control over how much or how little comes out; it’s all getting dumped! Conversely, live bottom trailers can be emptied periodically, not all in one location, and with greater accuracy than a dump truck can provide.
Our Trailers’ Best Features
Having the best live bottom trailers for Texas contractors means our trailers utilize the best features! Etnyre has come to be known for our commitment to quality and innovation, with our equipment outperforming and outlasting what our competitors can offer, the Falcon® Live Bottom Trailer being no different. Our live bottom trailer features include:
- Patented, reliable conveyor system minimizes maintenance and downtime to save money
- 42-inch-wide (106-cm) belt eliminates slats and minimizes material bridging
- Among the lightest in the industry for minimal fuel consumption and greater payloads
- Variety of rear doors, including twin, concrete, high-lift, and high-lift bi-folds, to provide efficient unloading for any material and application
- Steep side walls prevent bridging and easily discharge a wide range of materials, including hot mix asphalt, small and large aggregates, sand, gravel, recycling materials, and low slump concrete
- One-half revolution of the belt quickly and efficiently unloads material
Ditch the dump trucks and invest in the best live bottom trailers in Texas for your asphalt contracting business. Consider Falcon® Live Bottom Trailers, designed and manufactured by the industrial equipment experts at E.D. Etnyre & Co. To learn more about Etnyre and our products or request a quote, call 815-732-2116. Our main office is located at 1333 Daysville Rd, Oregon, IL 61061. Etnyre is headquartered in Illinois, serving clients in Arizona, Texas, Tennessee and throughout the United States.